One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a body much smaller than a typical star whose mass is not great enough to support main sequence hydrogen burning.
- ‘Below you will find a number of references containing recent work on low mass, low luminosity stars and substellar objects.’
- ‘I will discuss the types of substellar mass companions which can be detected around young stars and present the early findings of my current radial velocity search for substellar mass companions around young stars.’
- ‘The mass fraction under the form of substellar objects in the halo of the Galaxy is likely to represent only 5 to 15% of the total dynamic mass.’
- ‘Whereas some folks consider brown dwarfs the duds of the galaxy, astronomers see beauty in these substellar embers.’
- ‘We have completed the most extensive survey to date for low mass stellar and substellar companions to white dwarfs in the solar neighborhood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.