One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Similarly, the jet moving overhead subsonically pushes air out of the way and, in so doing, generates pressure waves that move at the speed of sound.’
- ‘The aircraft departed from Paris at around 11: 30 and flew out over the Atlantic Ocean for a final supersonic sprint, before heading overland subsonically to the former Aerospatiale factory at Toulouse, where a ceremony was planned to greet the aircraft.’
- ‘There was a storm in the circle; the lightning strokes of claws slashed out and the thunder of snarls reverberated almost subsonically amongst the quiescent ruins.’
- ‘The slow, gentle flicker of candles at dinner and the explosions inside the pulse jet share one characteristic: They burn subsonically, in a process scientists call deflagration.’
- ‘It loiters subsonically at very high altitudes over the region of interest for extended periods of time without refueling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.