A kind of plow with no moldboard, used to loosen the soil at some depth below the surface without turning it over.
- ‘If the soil is too wet, the subsoiler will not lift and crack the soil but will instead tend to create more compaction.’
- ‘Deep tillage can be performed with a subsoiler or other implement depending upon the depth of compaction.’
- ‘With earthworms working for you, you don't need a subsoiler.’
- ‘He decreases the angle if the subsoiler bounces in and out of the ground before finally entering.’
- ‘Winged subsoilers are used to break up compact subsurface horizons to improve drainage and to increase effective rooting depth.’