One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She is a blank cheque… when she marries she brings in dowry, and then she starts her life subserviently under the watchful eyes of the mother-in-law.’
- ‘Contrary to their high-handedness and overbearing behavior in handling cases involving powerless citizens, they subserviently knelt to pressure from the power elite, specifically influential figures in the ruling camp.’
- ‘Tokkie, while subserviently knowing his place, worries for his job, his family and his future.’
- ‘Bryan stepped in, bowed subserviently to Jason (also his employer) and left the tray he held on the small circular table I knelt next to.’
- ‘Others ‘play’ the leader's role by paying tremendous attention to what the leader does and by acting subserviently toward that person.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.