One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of processes or equipment used in the oil industry) situated or occurring beneath the surface of the sea.
- ‘Tankers have to use floating hoses to connect with a single buoy mooring, which channel oil through subsea hoses to the pipelines.’
- ‘The present invention generally relates to methods for drilling a subsea wellbore and landing a casing mandrel in a subsea wellhead.’
- ‘Farther south in Colorado, sediments accumulated in deeper-water submarine fans deposited by subsea, sediment-laden, density flows.’
- ‘The Corrib Field was only viable if developed as a subsea tie-back direct to an onshore terminal.’
- ‘After measuring the path of the subsea cable on a globe, students can work out the planet's circumference from the speed of the signal and the amount of time it takes to make the large transoceanic hop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.