One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of a series of concerts for which tickets are sold mainly in advance.
- ‘The middle class was not the public of the subscription concerts of the Philharmonic Society or Paris Conservatoire.’
- ‘The Wesendoncks were in the audience, as they were again for the next subscription concert, on 17 February, when Wagner conducted Beethoven's Coriolanus Overture and Fifth Symphony.’
- ‘By the late eighteenth century, it was possible to attend the opera or a subscription concert at one of London's several concert halls on every night of the week.’
- ‘The concert, a fitting finale to the Music Society's subscription concert series, will be given in Chipping Campden School Hall, Cider Mill Lane, at 8pm.’
- ‘Indeed, Debussy was the composer most performed at Schoenberg's private subscription concerts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.