One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of instructions designed to perform a frequently used operation within a program.
- ‘In order to do so, however, we must have the ability to perform remote procedure calls, such that a web application on one computer can invoke a subroutine or object method on another computer.’
- ‘A number of modules or subroutines are normally specified in the program, and the ways these can interact is also specified.’
- ‘Component scripts normally inherit a set of subroutines from a generic component.’
- ‘Database triggers fired off subroutines sending demands through electronic commerce, known as EDI, instructing each customer to pay back their loans in full.’
- ‘A unit test would directly call the subroutine I want to test, and it would rely as little as possible on other subroutines in the program.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.