Below an average level.
- ‘The growth was funded at subpar levels, barely juicy enough to tempt the cash-starved universities.’
- ‘That boy may be regarded as somewhat subpar by his female peers.’
- ‘His average qualifying effort of 15.2 in 2004 was subpar, but the team learned from its mistakes.’
- ‘Before the end of the year there was a lot of murmuring about the holiday shopping season being subpar.’
- ‘It also shows the club's commitment to bolstering a subpar pitching staff - a priority that's not always apparent.’