One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Below an average level.
- ‘The growth was funded at subpar levels, barely juicy enough to tempt the cash-starved universities.’
- ‘That boy may be regarded as somewhat subpar by his female peers.’
- ‘Before the end of the year there was a lot of murmuring about the holiday shopping season being subpar.’
- ‘It also shows the club's commitment to bolstering a subpar pitching staff - a priority that's not always apparent.’
- ‘His average qualifying effort of 15.2 in 2004 was subpar, but the team learned from its mistakes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.