One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oxide containing the lowest or an unusually small proportion of oxygen.
- ‘Grains of boron suboxide loom like boulders in this scanning electron microscope view.’
- ‘Titanium suboxides form a class of ceramic materials possessing such technically interesting properties as electrical conductivity and solid lubrication.’
- ‘Experimental parameters for the highest yield of carbon suboxide depend on the precise molecular structure of the model compound or on the individual soil sample, respectively.’
- ‘Only diamonds and cubic boron nitride are harder than boron suboxide, which appears to have promising potential.’
- ‘An O2 plasma anneal converted the suboxides to titanium oxide and improved electrical performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.