One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or state of subordinating or of being subordinate.‘the subordination of medicine to political expediency’
inferiority, inferior position, inferior status, secondary position, secondary status, lowlinessView synonyms
- ‘The character of such a party was also designed to maintain the subordination of the working class to the old bureaucracies.’
- ‘Indeed he acted all his life on one principle which he thought the essence of a soldier's code: the subordination of self to team work.’
- ‘As an educationist, her surmise is that literacy had failed to free women from their predicament of subordination.’
- ‘Women in Venezuela have been conditioned for centuries to blame themselves and accept their subordination to men.’
- ‘The power to wage war inherent in the authority of a government provides the necessary subordination of citizen to state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.