One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A taxonomic category that ranks below order and above family.
- ‘We therefore employed a second assumption that autocorrelation of mutation rates occurs between insect genera, families, or suborders.’
- ‘The Soil Taxonomy scheme has six levels of categorization: order, suborder, great group, subgroup, family, and series.’
- ‘The American mink is a representative of the large family Mustelidae belonging to the suborder Caniformia in the order Carnivora.’
- ‘Likewise, comparisons of growth series permit elucidation of phylogenetic relationships at lower taxonomic levels such as suborders, families, or subfamilies.’
- ‘Many suborders and families were established, many of which survive to this day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.