One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of less than the highest standard or quality.
- ‘I complained that conditions were suboptimal.’
- ‘Everyone knows cookies, candy, cakes, pies, ice cream and other sweets offer suboptimal nutrition.’
- ‘The process of implementation has been suboptimal, leading to reports of low morale by the NHS staff responsible for implementation.’
- ‘In observational studies of handwashing, the frequency and quality of hand hygiene are consistently suboptimal.’
- ‘Currently, most bottled waters contain suboptimal levels of fluoride.’
- ‘Much of the time, management of patients who become critically ill before admission to an ICU may be suboptimal.’
- ‘Their disappointing results were largely due to suboptimal screening methods.’
- ‘Restrictions on trade provide, at best, a suboptimal approach to wildlife conservation.’
- ‘The presence of endometriosis, tubal factor, or suboptimal sperm quality may halve the likelihood of spontaneous conception.’
- ‘The increasing scarcity of more desirable hardwoods led people to make use of structurally suboptimal building materials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.