Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Occurring in or smaller than an atomic nucleus.
- ‘A quantification of distortion and dilation of nuclear elements such as the lamina, chromatin, and nucleoli is an important step in connecting subnuclear forces to genome expression.’
- ‘The goal is to separately characterize the contributions of the envelope, chromatin. and subnuclear compartments to nuclear visco-elasticity.’
- ‘This antibody labels the nuclei of the male embryos, revealing a single subnuclear spot that corresponds to the X chromosome.’
- ‘These subnuclear compartments are dynamic but structurally stable, recruiting active genes into preassembled transcription and processing centers.’
- ‘The synthesis of ribosomes is a major cellular activity that, in eukaryotes, takes place primarily in a specialized subnuclear compartment termed the nucleolus.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.