Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A part of a larger network such as the Internet.
- ‘The first thing I did was partition my network into subnets.’
- ‘We described how networks pulsate as live subnets are activated.’
- ‘But you can set chronyd to act like a server for your own subnetwork.’
- ‘Within this network are subnetworks consisting of sets of sites for which each site has connections to all other sites in the subnetwork.’
- ‘The interconnection between subnets would occur at network node interfaces, allowing each subnet to evolve independently. understanding the layers’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.