One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The smallest air-conducting vessels, the bronchioles, are distinguished by having no cartilage in their walls, no mucus cells in their epithelium, and few or no submucosal glands.’
- ‘The lesion appeared to be submucosal with an intact submucosa and muscularis propria interface.’
- ‘Pathologic findings in fatal asthma include bronchial lumen occlusion by mucus, hyperplasia of submucosal glands, basement membrane thickening, and tissue eosinophilia.’
- ‘Biopsies of the pharynx, performed after radiotherapy, showed infiltration of small lymphocytes, plasmacytes, and neutrophils in the submucosal area.’
- ‘The cause of death was excessive infusion and absorption of normal saline during hysteroscopic ablation of submucosal leiomyoma for menorrhagia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.