One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Of greatly reduced size.
- ‘A demagnetised, insulated shaft, posidrive subminiature screwdriver with his name engraved on it’
- ‘A 3.5-metre-long ivory is another treasure blessing the palace, on which is carved a subminiature sutra of 82,000 characters and pictures of 500 arhats.’
- ‘But nearly all medical manufacturing companies involved in subminiature assembly, quality control, or failure analysis already routinely use optical light microscopes.’
- ‘Subminiature speaker designs are based on balanced armature technology, utilized in a variety of high performance audio and communication products.’
- ‘Several proprietary processes developed at the center already have benefited customers faced with challenges in micromachining subminiature components, according to the company.’
- 1.1 (of a camera) very small and using 16-mm film.
- ‘This subminiature angular velocity sensor is ideally designed for use in systems that correct camera vibrations.’
- ‘For my birthday, my father gave me a stunning 1959 Minox B subminiature camera and I can't wait to start taking pictures as soon as the crazy 8x11mm film arrives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.