One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Of greatly reduced size.
- ‘A 3.5-metre-long ivory is another treasure blessing the palace, on which is carved a subminiature sutra of 82,000 characters and pictures of 500 arhats.’
- ‘A demagnetised, insulated shaft, posidrive subminiature screwdriver with his name engraved on it’
- ‘But nearly all medical manufacturing companies involved in subminiature assembly, quality control, or failure analysis already routinely use optical light microscopes.’
- ‘Several proprietary processes developed at the center already have benefited customers faced with challenges in micromachining subminiature components, according to the company.’
- ‘Subminiature speaker designs are based on balanced armature technology, utilized in a variety of high performance audio and communication products.’
- 1.1 (of a camera) very small and using 16-mm film.
- ‘For my birthday, my father gave me a stunning 1959 Minox B subminiature camera and I can't wait to start taking pictures as soon as the crazy 8x11mm film arrives.’
- ‘This subminiature angular velocity sensor is ideally designed for use in systems that correct camera vibrations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.