One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Too small to be seen by an ordinary light microscope.
- ‘Needless to say, the printer's font would have to be submicroscopic, and the story would be illegible except under a scanning electron microscope.’
- ‘The macroscopic table and the submicroscopic table are the same table; what differs is our viewpoint, our scale and level of reference when we consider the table.’
- ‘Genes are submicroscopic segments of DNA and cannot be detected by chromosome analysis.’
- ‘In many cases, however, this exchange is on the microscopic or submicroscopic level.’
- ‘And it goes completely to pieces on the really submicroscopic scale, when the colors of quantum mechanics start to seep through into the picture, but that's another story.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.