Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A menu accessed from a more general menu.
- ‘You can add new submenus for the root menus in this way.’
- ‘You can re-order items in the main menu but not move things from submenus to the main menu.’
- ‘Users are given the ability to build pop-up menus with submenus, with image files or HTML.’
- ‘Why do I constantly have to shuffle between a main menu screen and a lot of submenus just to see a basic change I've made?’
- ‘Web sites are still struggling with home pages, site maps, menus and submenus, and so on.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.