A sandwich made of a long roll typically filled with meat, cheese, and vegetables such as lettuce, tomato, and onions.
- ‘Randy bought a 72-inch long submarine sandwich for his sleepover party.’
- ‘Subway is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 22,000 independently owned and operated restaurants spanning the globe.’
- ‘When I got to the spa, I realized I wasn't eating real food; I was filling up on junk all day: protein bars, sugar-free chocolate, submarine sandwiches, beef jerky, soy bars, chips and candy.’
- ‘Even though viewers may be gorging on six-foot submarine sandwiches, nachos, and beer, they have feelings, too.’
- ‘I look forward to meeting the residents and invite everyone to stop by and try our world-famous submarine sandwiches.’