One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sandwich made of a long roll typically filled with meat, cheese, and vegetables such as lettuce, tomato, and onions.
- ‘Even though viewers may be gorging on six-foot submarine sandwiches, nachos, and beer, they have feelings, too.’
- ‘Randy bought a 72-inch long submarine sandwich for his sleepover party.’
- ‘I look forward to meeting the residents and invite everyone to stop by and try our world-famous submarine sandwiches.’
- ‘When I got to the spa, I realized I wasn't eating real food; I was filling up on junk all day: protein bars, sugar-free chocolate, submarine sandwiches, beef jerky, soy bars, chips and candy.’
- ‘Subway is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 22,000 independently owned and operated restaurants spanning the globe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.