One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He does not reserve this response as a marker of bourgeois intellectual refinement and bodily sublimation.’
- ‘The microscopic amounts are achieved by superheating managerium so that it changes from a solid directly into a gas - a process known as sublimation.’
- ‘To think about sublimation, the process by which an object ‘acquires the dignity of the Thing’, produces a different emphasis.’
- ‘All employ a print process known as dye sublimation, and this classy Samsung model is the pick of the crop.’
- ‘In the Faustian pact, where desire and longing is transformed into a new kind of sublimation, the infernal process of turning images of reality into fantasy begins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.