One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To think about sublimation, the process by which an object ‘acquires the dignity of the Thing’, produces a different emphasis.’
- ‘All employ a print process known as dye sublimation, and this classy Samsung model is the pick of the crop.’
- ‘The microscopic amounts are achieved by superheating managerium so that it changes from a solid directly into a gas - a process known as sublimation.’
- ‘In the Faustian pact, where desire and longing is transformed into a new kind of sublimation, the infernal process of turning images of reality into fantasy begins.’
- ‘He does not reserve this response as a marker of bourgeois intellectual refinement and bodily sublimation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.