One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A specialized language or jargon associated with a specific group or context.
- ‘On the contrary, the urge to catalog and describe sublanguages accurately implies a certain amount of respect.’
- ‘It's a sublanguage under ‘Sepik’ and is spoken on Papua New Guinea, apparently by a race of mathematical savants.’
- ‘Although he didn't put it this way, the distributions in sublanguages are very sharp, light-tailed.’
- ‘In some areas, there were sublanguages for use in the presence of certain relatives, for communicating with children, or for ceremonial occasions.’
- ‘It's important to mention that sublanguages and controlled languages are not mutually exclusive.’
- ‘One of these sublanguages has recently originated at the boundary between Russian and English speaking cultures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.