One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of bringing someone or something under domination or control.‘the colonial subjugation of a country by means of brute military force’‘the fear of human subjugation by technology’count noun ‘conquests and subjugations that we think are long forgotten’
- ‘The oppressed must be made aware of their subjugation.’
- ‘Eve's deception by the serpent has been used to justify the subjugation of women in the Judeo-Christian tradition.’
- ‘Surrounded by hostile populations, they were an easy target for invasion and subjugation by their neighbours.’
- ‘Mass gymnastics are as chilling a sight as military parades, for they both encourage the subjugation of the individual to the collective.’
- ‘They were forced into roles impossible to fulfil in the context of the multiple subjugations by which they were dominated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.