One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring underneath a glacier or ice sheet.
- ‘The majority of these flutes commence in the lee of Carboniferous and Permian boulders, indicative of a local subglacial origin.’
- ‘However, the listric thrust geometries together with imbricated bedrock point to a subglacial origin.’
- ‘A notable signature of the ice-sheet readvance during the Killard Point Stadial was the subglacial transfer of large volumes of detritus to tidewater margins.’
- ‘Satellite imagery has revolutionized the mapping of subglacial landforms such as glacial lineations and facilitated the mapping of former glacier beds at ice-sheet scales.’
- ‘Piotrowski discussed van Weert et al.'s modelling and emphasized the importance of subglacial drainage where bedrock permeability is low.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.