One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A taxonomic category that ranks below genus and above species.
- ‘In the gastropods groups I surveyed, 124 taxa at the subgenus and species-group level occurred in the Gatunian Province during the late Miocene and early Pliocene.’
- ‘Popov's monograph of Cenozoic cardiid shell microstructure includes more than 62 genera and subgenera and 150 species.’
- ‘The lowest taxonomic rank is species (genera / subgenera in mollusks) and the highest is family.’
- ‘These ingroup species were chosen to represent each of the proposed subgenera and genera from previous phylogenetic studies.’
- ‘Species and not genera or subgenera are considered the most appropriate units in biodiversity studies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.