A subordinate or secondary form.
- ‘These studies, by and large, do not enroll patients with the subforms of depression that respond more favorably to antidepressants and are plagued by ‘inflation’ of entry symptom severity thresholds.’
- ‘Serum markers such as aspartate transaminase, lactate dehydrogenase, and lactate dehydrogenase subforms no longer are used because they lack cardiac specificity and their delayed elevation precludes early diagnosis.’
- ‘Early markers of acute ischemia include myoglobin and creatine kinase-MB subforms, when available.’
- ‘CK-MB subforms may be most efficient for early diagnosis (within six hours) of myocardial infarction.’
- ‘Based on such ‘characters’, an impressive number of varieties, forms and subforms have been described.’