Situated or occurring between the dura mater and the arachnoid membrane of the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘The brain showed extensive postsurgical changes, including a small occipital subdural hematoma, sutures within the dura, and a ventriculostomy tract in each frontal lobe.’
- ‘Because of the protective layer of the dura mater, subdural and intraparenchymal metastases from prostate cancer are rare.’
- ‘A positive CT scan included findings of a subdural, epidural or parenchymal hematoma, subarachnoid hemorrhage, cerebral contusion or depressed skull fracture.’
- ‘Postmortem ocular examination showed haemorrhages of the optic nerve sheaths with subdural haemorrhage greater than subarachnoid haemorrhage.’
- ‘Various techniques, each having advantages and limitations, are available, including subdural, epidural, foramen ovale and intracerebral electrodes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.