Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring between the dura mater and the arachnoid membrane of the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘A positive CT scan included findings of a subdural, epidural or parenchymal hematoma, subarachnoid hemorrhage, cerebral contusion or depressed skull fracture.’
- ‘Postmortem ocular examination showed haemorrhages of the optic nerve sheaths with subdural haemorrhage greater than subarachnoid haemorrhage.’
- ‘Various techniques, each having advantages and limitations, are available, including subdural, epidural, foramen ovale and intracerebral electrodes.’
- ‘Because of the protective layer of the dura mater, subdural and intraparenchymal metastases from prostate cancer are rare.’
- ‘The brain showed extensive postsurgical changes, including a small occipital subdural hematoma, sutures within the dura, and a ventriculostomy tract in each frontal lobe.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.