One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring between the dura mater and the arachnoid membrane of the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘A positive CT scan included findings of a subdural, epidural or parenchymal hematoma, subarachnoid hemorrhage, cerebral contusion or depressed skull fracture.’
- ‘Postmortem ocular examination showed haemorrhages of the optic nerve sheaths with subdural haemorrhage greater than subarachnoid haemorrhage.’
- ‘Various techniques, each having advantages and limitations, are available, including subdural, epidural, foramen ovale and intracerebral electrodes.’
- ‘The brain showed extensive postsurgical changes, including a small occipital subdural hematoma, sutures within the dura, and a ventriculostomy tract in each frontal lobe.’
- ‘Because of the protective layer of the dura mater, subdural and intraparenchymal metastases from prostate cancer are rare.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.