Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A directory below another directory in a hierarchy.
- ‘While autohandlers normally influence only their own directories, dhandlers affect all subdirectories.’
- ‘For example, a given directory may have subdirectories but no files, or you may have just processed the last subdirectory of a last subdirectory, and so on.’
- ‘The theory is that each module would have a directory containing source code and under it would be subdirectories for architecture-specific items (compiled object files, libraries and executables).’
- ‘In this directory we will make five subdirectories named incoming, outgoing, etc, bin and quarantine.’
- ‘You can see the overall usage in the center of the circle, then various directories and subdirectories branching out.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.