One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A directory below another directory in a hierarchy.
- ‘The theory is that each module would have a directory containing source code and under it would be subdirectories for architecture-specific items (compiled object files, libraries and executables).’
- ‘For example, a given directory may have subdirectories but no files, or you may have just processed the last subdirectory of a last subdirectory, and so on.’
- ‘You can see the overall usage in the center of the circle, then various directories and subdirectories branching out.’
- ‘In this directory we will make five subdirectories named incoming, outgoing, etc, bin and quarantine.’
- ‘While autohandlers normally influence only their own directories, dhandlers affect all subdirectories.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.