One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Healthy elderly volunteers were infused with normal saline either intravenously or subcutaneously, using radioisotopic triated water and technetium pertechnetate.’
- ‘Pneumococcal vaccine is administered intramuscularly or subcutaneously as one 0.5-mL dose.’
- ‘Some casualty departments and ambulance services now recommend giving naloxone intramuscularly or subcutaneously rather than intravenously because it can be given more quickly and results in less violent recovery.’
- ‘The dose of vaccine is 0.5 cc (25 ug of polysaccharide capsule material from each of the 23 serotypes) and may be given intramuscularly or subcutaneously.’
- ‘Atropine may be given for bradycardia (0.3 to 0.5 mg intramuscularly or subcutaneously every 10 minutes to a maximum of 2 mg).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.