Situated or applied under the skin.‘subcutaneous fat’
- ‘However, it can occur in the skin or subcutaneous tissue anywhere on the body and may present as single or multiple lesions.’
- ‘Each strand of hair grows from a follicle rooted in your skin's subcutaneous tissue.’
- ‘Any organ can be involved, but most frequently hemangiomas are localized to the skin and subcutaneous tissues.’
- ‘The septum of these catheters is sutured under the skin in the subcutaneous tissue.’
- ‘The superficial veins conduct blood from the skin and subcutaneous tissue.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.