Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Beneath a rib; below the ribs.
- ‘A tender, fluctuant 8-cm mass was felt in the right upper quadrant, several centimeters inferior to a subcostal scar from a previous open cholecystectomy.’
- ‘The parietal branches include the posterior intercostal, subcostal, and the superior phrenic.’
- ‘Then a left subcostal incision was performed, and the hemidiaphragm was exposed.’
- ‘Nine months after the initial diagnosis, the patient had a second exploratory laparotomy via a bilateral subcostal incision.’
- ‘A light blow delivered to the right subcostal area may elicit a marked increase in pain.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.