One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A business or person that carries out work for a company as part of a larger project.
- ‘According to Lloyd, this relationship began when he was a subcontractor offered a general contract for the first time.’
- ‘Most of the production is subcontracted to 11 main contractors and dozens of subcontractors in Indonesia.’
- ‘The use of subcontractors is a common business practice among forestry and logging companies.’
- ‘Building monopolies by subcontractors from the outside must be eliminated one way or the other.’
- ‘I wouldn't have kicked Walt off the job, but I would have had to think seriously about hiring a union subcontractor the next time.’
- ‘These services are contracted with us directly or through qualified subcontractors.’
- ‘Rising labour and building costs and the rise of subcontractors' fees were blamed for the collapse of the company.’
- ‘They maintain that the dumping at Coolnamadra was carried out by a subcontractor who was sacked when the dump was discovered.’
- ‘They wanted to pressure me into kicking Walt and his crew off the job and hiring a union subcontractor instead.’
- ‘Although it was subcontractors who carried out the roadworks it is the utility company as the licence holder who is liable.’
- ‘Three or four references from vendors or subcontractors go a long way.’
- ‘The report also claims that Able UK, which was formerly the subcontractor for the holding company, has bought up PRP.’
- ‘Some subcontractors continued working when rumours of Lark's financial difficulties were circulating.’
- ‘Make sure the subcontractors you hire show proof of liability and workers' compensation insurance.’
- ‘Grinaker Namibia is the main contractor and most of the subcontractors are local companies, according to Wessels.’
- ‘The official was attempting to speak to six subcontractors working on the project.’
- ‘Additionally, some of the Cotton Park goods are outsourced to three local subcontractors.’
- ‘The company employs 35 people on the Ballysimon Road in Limerick and several hundred more subcontractors.’
- ‘The defendant builders employed a subcontractor to carry out plastering work in a block of flats.’
- ‘Around 1,300 builders and subcontractors should be employed if the project goes ahead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.