One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Obviously these pictures take a position that in a western gallery mediates for the other India, one that is insulated from disasters, disease, subcontinental chaos.’
- ‘Does the richness of the tradition of argument make much difference to subcontinental lives today?’
- ‘I had 20-page faxes of handwritten itineraries, imploring phone calls in the middle of the night, notes from strangers, the itinerant yogis of subcontinental tourism.’
- ‘This was the first time I had actually watched Canada play in this tournament, and the striking thing about their team was just how subcontinental their team looked.’
- ‘Dismissing, optimistically, the threats of African AIDS and Indian subcontinental nuclear lunacy, there will be huge population pressures in the poorer countries over the next few decades.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.