One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a condition) between acute and chronic.
- ‘Historically, osteomyelitis has been categorized as acute, subacute or chronic, with the presentation of each type based on the time of disease onset.’
- ‘A bone abscess found during the subacute or chronic stage of hematogenous osteomyelitis is known as a Brodie's abscess.’
- ‘There are three different clinical presentations that have been described: acute, subacute, and chronic.’
- ‘Delirium can be caused by a medical emergency or a subacute, chronic medical condition.’
- ‘Its clinical presentations have classically been defined as acute, subacute, and chronic.’
2Moderately acute in shape or angle.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.