One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a condition) between acute and chronic.
- ‘A bone abscess found during the subacute or chronic stage of hematogenous osteomyelitis is known as a Brodie's abscess.’
- ‘There are three different clinical presentations that have been described: acute, subacute, and chronic.’
- ‘Historically, osteomyelitis has been categorized as acute, subacute or chronic, with the presentation of each type based on the time of disease onset.’
- ‘Its clinical presentations have classically been defined as acute, subacute, and chronic.’
- ‘Delirium can be caused by a medical emergency or a subacute, chronic medical condition.’
2Moderately acute in shape or angle.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.