Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a condition) between acute and chronic.
- ‘Historically, osteomyelitis has been categorized as acute, subacute or chronic, with the presentation of each type based on the time of disease onset.’
- ‘Delirium can be caused by a medical emergency or a subacute, chronic medical condition.’
- ‘There are three different clinical presentations that have been described: acute, subacute, and chronic.’
- ‘A bone abscess found during the subacute or chronic stage of hematogenous osteomyelitis is known as a Brodie's abscess.’
- ‘Its clinical presentations have classically been defined as acute, subacute, and chronic.’
2Moderately acute in shape or angle.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.