One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minor variant of a breed; a secondary breed.
- ‘Historic American turkey sub-breeds include the American Bronze, Narragansett, Bourbon Red, Jersey Buff, Slate, White Holland, Beltsville Small White, and Royal Palm.’
- ‘Previously a part of Uttar Pradesh, Uttranchal the sub-breed here is known as the BHOTIA.’
- ‘This type is predominant among the Karachai sub-breed.’
- ‘The term ‘variety’ is used purposefully, since the association considers the turkey to be a breed and the sub-breeds to be varieties.’
- ‘The other three sub-breeds have more tribal organization, and lean towards the more theistic beliefs.’
- ‘Its also the most expensive amongst the sub-breeds of Alphonso.’
- ‘There is an equally facile sub-breed of Malthusians convinced that the World will exhaust its energy reserves in 15-20 years.’
- ‘Chinese hybrid rice production has developed from the utilization of advanced breeds to that of sub-breeds, and from tri-linear cultivation to bilinear cultivation.’
- ‘The improvement is by no means generally due to crossing different breeds; all the best breeders are strongly opposed to this practice, except sometimes amongst closely allied sub-breeds.’
- ‘Facial hair is bright ginger in the Celtic and Viking sub-breeds, black in the Gaelic varieties.’
- ‘Several sub-breeds recognized include Highheads, Tigerheads (head and cheek growth only), and Red Capped Lionheads.’
- ‘Just as in horses, there are many sub-breeds and, also like horses, asses are categorized by size.’
- ‘From the Middle Ages, to the 19th century, there were two distinct sub-breeds to this breed.’
- ‘They are available in a range of colours, from golden to chocolate, cream to black and each colour is recognised as a separate sub-breed.’
- ‘The various races or sub-breeds are named after the families who owed the land (Carter, Holt, Barnes, Hickman, Bayliss).’
- ‘The Kavkazskaya Ovcharka Breed is the Georgian Caucasian Mountain Dog sub-breed that most closely resembles a bear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.