One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Austrian state of Styria or its inhabitants.‘a small Styrian village’
- ‘The track is perched on a hillside in the glorious Styrian mountains.’
- ‘This means that this oil is made of the most authentic and the purest seeds that belong to the Styrian Region of Austria.’
- ‘Once the drivers had enjoyed the view, they stopped off for a snack and sampled some Styrian delicacies.’
- ‘He plays the accordion and the Styrian traditional harmonica and is a rising star of the European music scene.’
- ‘Styrian wine is one of best wines in the world.’
A native or inhabitant of the Austrian state of Styria.‘Styrians have fine swimming pools in most towns and resorts’
- ‘Franz was a Styrian by birth, and, at the time of the event, he was a young man considerably under thirty.’
- ‘In 1910, this Habsburg crownland was inhabited by roughly one million German-speaking Styrians and 400,000 Slovenes.’
- ‘Although this alphabet was used in Jansenist religious and school books from 1826, it was not accepted by Styrians or Carinthians.’
- ‘Maria Theresa, not wanting to offend the Styrians and respecting their tradition of defending the frontiers, allowed them to keep the armoury.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.