One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
A miniature electronic musical instrument producing a distinctive buzzing sound when a stylus is drawn along its metal keyboard.
- ‘The only clue the police have to his identity is the fact that he appears to be a virtuoso stylophone player and only seems to be truly at ease when playing the magical instrument.’
- ‘Crackly vinyl sounds on laid-back guitar and stylophone close this album off with a warm smile and handshake, on the beautiful, beautiful ‘Last Walk Around Mirror Lake’.’
- ‘On one such visit to London, we chanced upon a stylophone.’
- ‘Lashing whips, hollow gunshots, meaningless choruses, whistling, echoing pipes, tubular bells and stylophones are all tipped into the collage.’
- ‘I mean, I've grown up with Rolf on television, singing songs, painting pictures, hosting cartoon time, playing his didgeridoo and his stylophone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.