Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A slender projection of bone, such as that from the lower surface of the temporal bone of the skull, or those at the lower ends of the ulna and radius.→ styloid
- ‘The ulna styloid process was readily identifiable in all children, and its identification was not limited by wrist contracture.’
- ‘Brachioradialis arises from the lateral epicondylar ridge of the humerus and inserts onto the styloid process of the radius.’
- ‘The normal course of the internal carotid artery in an adult sees the vessel enter the petrous temporal bone medial to the styloid process via the carotid canal.’
- ‘A third muscle, the styloglossus, arises from the front and lower end of the styloid process and is innervated by the twelfth cranial nerve (hypoglossal).’
- ‘The superficial palmer branch of the radial arises from the distal end of the radial artery at the level of the styloid process of the radius.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.