One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1In a fashionably elegant manner.‘she dressed stylishly in carefully coordinated outfits’
- ‘The story begins with three stylishly dressed men striding into a warehouse, where they confront a gang armed with knives.’
- ‘The master bedroom with exposed stone walls on two sides has been stylishly decorated in lilac with off-white carpeting.’
- ‘This property offers 140 square metres of stylishly decorated accommodation.’
- ‘Come Saturday night, they gather in Johannesburg basements, decked out to the nines and stylishly vogue like New York fashionistas.’
- ‘The kitchen is stylishly fitted with Shaker cherrywood units topped by a black granite worktop.’
- 1.1 In a neat, confident, and skillful way.‘stylishly written magazine reviews’
- ‘They stylishly made it to the first all-Italian Champions League final.’
- ‘He takes the ball and sprints unopposed for 75 metres before stylishly sliding in.’
- ‘Stylishly told, this is a taut cop thriller with excellent performances.’
- ‘Bryson's book makes the search for scientific understanding not only stylishly comprehensible, but also very entertaining.’
- ‘The average well-bred field setter can stylishly handle grouse and woodcock, and other upland game birds as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.