One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1In a fashionably elegant manner.‘she dressed stylishly in carefully coordinated outfits’
- ‘The kitchen is stylishly fitted with Shaker cherrywood units topped by a black granite worktop.’
- ‘The master bedroom with exposed stone walls on two sides has been stylishly decorated in lilac with off-white carpeting.’
- ‘The story begins with three stylishly dressed men striding into a warehouse, where they confront a gang armed with knives.’
- ‘Come Saturday night, they gather in Johannesburg basements, decked out to the nines and stylishly vogue like New York fashionistas.’
- ‘This property offers 140 square metres of stylishly decorated accommodation.’
- 1.1 In a neat, confident, and skillful way.‘stylishly written magazine reviews’
- ‘The average well-bred field setter can stylishly handle grouse and woodcock, and other upland game birds as well.’
- ‘Bryson's book makes the search for scientific understanding not only stylishly comprehensible, but also very entertaining.’
- ‘He takes the ball and sprints unopposed for 75 metres before stylishly sliding in.’
- ‘They stylishly made it to the first all-Italian Champions League final.’
- ‘Stylishly told, this is a taut cop thriller with excellent performances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.