One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the style or styles of a flower.
- ‘Sections located on the stylar half contain ovules with a low probability of seed abortion, while sections 3 and 4 have a high probability of seed abortion.’
- ‘A small cross-incision was made with a scalpel on the stylar remnant, which is the end link point of the dorsal vascular bundles.’
- ‘Then they conjugated the quantum dots with the amine groups of stigma / stylar cysteine-rich adhesin - a plant pollen tube adhesion protein.’
- ‘Ovule position was determined by counting each ovule from the stylar end (closest to the style) to the basal end (closest to the peduncle) of the ovary.’
- ‘Other barriers may also exist because xylem-mobile safranin failed to enter the ovary although the xylem passes around the nucellus and into the stylar tissue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.