One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the style or styles of a flower.
- ‘Ovule position was determined by counting each ovule from the stylar end (closest to the style) to the basal end (closest to the peduncle) of the ovary.’
- ‘Then they conjugated the quantum dots with the amine groups of stigma / stylar cysteine-rich adhesin - a plant pollen tube adhesion protein.’
- ‘Other barriers may also exist because xylem-mobile safranin failed to enter the ovary although the xylem passes around the nucellus and into the stylar tissue.’
- ‘A small cross-incision was made with a scalpel on the stylar remnant, which is the end link point of the dorsal vascular bundles.’
- ‘Sections located on the stylar half contain ovules with a low probability of seed abortion, while sections 3 and 4 have a high probability of seed abortion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.