One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dial tone interrupted by several short gaps, indicating the arrival of new voicemail messages to the user.
- ‘You must remember to deactivate Call Forwarding by dialing * 73 and waiting for a stutter tone or stuttering dial tone.’
- ‘The User hears a stutter tone when he/she goes off hook and there is a message waiting.’
- ‘After a stutter tone or stuttering dial tone, the system will automatically place a courtesy call to the forward-to number.’
- ‘The detect circuit 240 is capable of detecting the stutter tone by sampling the external line 150 at an equal or higher frequency than the stutter dial tone.’
- ‘If you had unplayed messages at the time of the power outage, you will not hear a stutter tone or see a flashing light.’
- ‘While the user is actively in a conversation, he will hear a special stutter tone if there is another incoming call.’
- ‘If your fax machine is not connecting to the receiving fax machine try disabling or clearing any stutter tones that may be present on the line.’
- ‘What was more confusing was that as long as that feature was on the indicator didn't work even though stutter tones were present.’
- ‘I have no voice mail indicator light on my phone or any stutter tones when voice mail is left for me.’
- ‘After a speed call slot has been successfully provisioned, the subscriber will again receive the stutter tone to signify that the speed call slot was successfully provisioned.’
- ‘I was able to setup the phonemail but every 2 hours or so I would get the phone 1 flashing, with stutter tones, and no message received.’
- ‘For message notification, our voice messaging provides an effective alternative to stutter tones or message waiting indicator lamps.’
- ‘However, if you attempt to use a modem and the stutter tone is in effect, you will not be able to dial out.’
- ‘When you pick up the receiver, the stutter tone will notify you with three quick beeps if you have a voice mail message.’
- ‘If you have voice mail that uses a ‘stutter’ dial tone to indicate messages, you may want to disable the Wait for dial tone before dialing option, since stutter tones are not always detected as a dial tone by modems.’
- ‘Single line phones may have voice mail lights, or, you may want to use the stutter tone so you know you have a message.’
- ‘You will hear a few stutter tones followed by a dial tone; once you hear the steady dial tone, dial the number you want your calls forwarded to’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.