One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The company's tendency to choke a good idea with too many embellishments wasn't so much held in check here as surrendered to the stupendousness of the place.’
- ‘My imagination is to an extent crushed by the stupendousness of reality.’
- ‘He comes to the borderland of reality and then retraces his steps, as if frightened by its stupendousness.’
- ‘Old as the hills - and, as I look out upon the tortured granite peaks of Mogok, I endeavor to appreciate the stupendousness of that antiquity.’
- ‘I don't use the word ‘genius’ very lightly, but I have no other words with which to describe the stupendousness that is Bob.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.