One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Old as the hills - and, as I look out upon the tortured granite peaks of Mogok, I endeavor to appreciate the stupendousness of that antiquity.’
- ‘The company's tendency to choke a good idea with too many embellishments wasn't so much held in check here as surrendered to the stupendousness of the place.’
- ‘I don't use the word ‘genius’ very lightly, but I have no other words with which to describe the stupendousness that is Bob.’
- ‘My imagination is to an extent crushed by the stupendousness of reality.’
- ‘He comes to the borderland of reality and then retraces his steps, as if frightened by its stupendousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.