One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The damage all chemical stupefiers have done to innocent bystanders such as parents and friends, is immeasurable, and so very costly to society as a whole.’
- ‘Man's principal stupefiers are not opiates, or alcohol, or even sugar - but sex, territory and self-advancement.’
- ‘Even without artificial stupefiers like alcohol and narcotics to help them, people routinely achieve irrelevance by adhering to or seeking out a maladaptive schema.’
- ‘Alcohol is one of our milder stupefiers and may have made civilization both necessary and possible.’
- ‘To people under twenty-five, on the other hand, the word ‘drug’ refers to a wide range of mind benders running from alcohol, energizers, and stupefiers to marijuana and other psychedelic drugs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.