One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an extremely impressive or attractive manner.‘a stunningly photographed desert’as submodifier ‘Philip writes stunningly well’
- ‘The result is a stunningly unique geometrical form.’
- ‘It's stunningly animated by Russian animators—you will marvel at the detail and beauty contained in every frame.’
- ‘Homer's Iliad is stunningly recreated, but never achieves the greatness it deserves.’
- ‘Most noteworthy of all were the stunningly well-preserved remains of Henri IV.’
- ‘The Technicolor images of the Norwegian fiords with the Viking boats are stunningly beautiful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.