One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Was France trapped in a cycle of monarchy, republic, and empire, or did it advance stumblingly towards stability?’
- ‘He stumblingly confesses that he does not have a licence to cut down the trees.’
- ‘He becomes evasive and speaks stumblingly, as if he were trying to protect not only his room-mate from scrutiny but also himself.’
- ‘He stumblingly described how the military commander spoke to the American people through the Congress.’
- ‘When Charles stumblingly asks her out, she makes the most of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.