One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man perceived as sexually attractive, typically one with well-developed muscles.
muscleman, strongman, macho, macho man, iron man, hercules, atlas, samson, tarzanView synonyms
- ‘‘That's absurd,’ blushes Black when told he is considered a studmuffin.’
- ‘Just how many women think of the secretary of defense as a studmuffin remains unclear.’
- ‘Standing at the door, I saw a total studmuffin staring at me.’
- ‘It's interesting to see one of these studmuffins break down in tears after a rejection.’
- ‘If you spent the energy on pulling that you do on posting, you'd be a studmuffin in a week.’
- ‘When plucky-but-unlucky Molly Ringwald ends up at a birthday party for two with the studmuffin of her dreams, it's pretty damn inspiring.’
- ‘Regarding H.G.'s description of her studmuffin, I can only say that the U.S. version of this beast is not the same as the one she describes.’
- ‘I hope he doesn't ache too bad tomorrow (or at least that the smug satisfaction of being a studmuffin outweighs the twinges).’
- ‘Though I could admit he was a studmuffin, I didn't actually feel any sort of ‘crush’ towards him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.