One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Later, the Principal of Abigail's school would bear witness to her studiousness, her good discipline, and to her gracious and polite manner.’
- ‘The studiousness of this dark-haired Frenchwoman has been rewarded.’
- ‘Maria, all stoic resolve and wide-eyed studiousness, gets up to speed quickly.’
- ‘It may have been based only on looks or alliteration, but it was a great nickname, spot on for the young Vaughan with his steely studiousness.’
- ‘So we worked our way around Japanese tourists studying maps of Darling Harbour with almost alarming levels of studiousness, and made our way into a shopping centre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.