One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But such studiedness made him his own art critic, and he would too often be satisfied with only the most static of resolutions.’
- ‘The splendid portrait photographs have the chiaroscuro clarity as well as the mannered studiedness of Beaton works.’
- ‘The Lou Reed-like studiedness of the album's vocals gave way at times to desperate ravings more reminiscent of Jim Morrison.’
- ‘His art is amazing on a lot of levels, but there's a dry studiedness about it that keeps me from totally embracing it.’
- ‘As always in Visconti, a certain studiedness in the artistic effects causes us to keep the film at a distance, to distrust it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.