One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His art is amazing on a lot of levels, but there's a dry studiedness about it that keeps me from totally embracing it.’
- ‘As always in Visconti, a certain studiedness in the artistic effects causes us to keep the film at a distance, to distrust it.’
- ‘The splendid portrait photographs have the chiaroscuro clarity as well as the mannered studiedness of Beaton works.’
- ‘But such studiedness made him his own art critic, and he would too often be satisfied with only the most static of resolutions.’
- ‘The Lou Reed-like studiedness of the album's vocals gave way at times to desperate ravings more reminiscent of Jim Morrison.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.