One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of students elected by their peers to address issues of concern and organize student events and activities.‘the student council has decided to have a Halloween dance this year’
- ‘In high school I was president of the student council and I ended up doing a lot of speeches.’
- ‘She was a member of the student council, worked in the school library (an honor at her school), and was an associate editor of the high school yearbook.’
- ‘The boys now plan to write to their student council in the hope the uniform will be changed for next summer.’
- ‘Other than an unsuccessful bid for student council in the eighth grade, Guy had never run for an elected office.’
- ‘At Montana State University, she serves as vice president of the agriculture student council.’
- ‘The lock in was approved by the student council.’
- ‘Six of the trees we took with us were bought by our student council and our student body.’
- ‘Being President of the Student Council would be a truly great accomplishment and would look fantastic on my CV.’
- ‘Being elected to student council, participating in sports, acting in plays, playing in the band, working on the student newspaper and the like are aids to getting into the college of your choice.’
- ‘Supposedly, next year the student council is going to be voting on the policy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.