A female prostitute or a promiscuous woman.
whore, sex worker, call girl, white slaveView synonyms
- ‘She eyed the two strumpets who were watching her.’
- ‘It's strumpets like you who are setting back the women's rights movement.’
- ‘He was sighted on Monday night in Po Na Na's with with an arm around number of young strumpets.’
- ‘She meant something more to him than any of the strumpets he'd dallied with before.’
- ‘She acts annoyed by this strumpet disrupting her peace, but really she's annoyed by the flaunting of youth and indiscretion.’
Middle English: of unknown origin.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.