One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(on sports teams with an odd number of players) the half of an offensive or defensive alignment that has one player more.
- ‘If your teammate on the strong side loses their player, then you can slide over and stop their player from driving to the basket.’
- ‘In the past, he was so good at pounding the strong side of the formation that defenses would have to overload to that side.’
- ‘On the strong side, the defensive lineman must control his gap and not let the Nebraska blocker get to his body.’
- ‘The team uses him to generate pressure from both sides, usually lining him up away from the offense's strong side.’
- ‘Gruden is counting on Alexander to improve the team's speed and strength on the strong side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.